View Single Post

Old 07-01-2012, 09:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Victory Model

I have a collection of guns that belong to my dad. He was a lieutenant in the navy and served aboard a mine sweeper in the Pacific. He brought back an S&W 38 special, a 45 automatic and an m1 carbine. The 38 has a serial no of V424979. I have my dad’s discharge paper showing the 45 sign out to him and release to my dad. Now this is all type out on onion paper with all the dates and everything. The thing is that also on this same paper is written out in ink is the 38. This looks like it is my dad’s hand writing. I never really asked my dad about it. There are no papers with the m1 carbine. He told me that it was issued to him but he did not have to sign for it. That’s ok as I have checked this happened sometime. However the 38 bothers me because as I understand how the gun came to him does not match up with having the gun sign out to him. I think the story of how he got the gun is the true story. I think my dad later listed the 38 on the release papers for the 45. Why he would have done this I do not know.
I am going to send for the information so I can have all the paper work to go with it. If anyone on the forum has any information on this gun I would like to know.
One other thing is that it does not have us government or us navy on it. It is however parkerized.
I am sorry the pictures are not that good.
Thanks Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0397.jpg (72.7 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_img_0394.jpg (40.7 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_img_0395.jpg (38.0 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_img_0396.jpg (65.5 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg rsz_img_0398.jpg (26.4 KB, 161 views)