View Single Post

Old 07-07-2012, 03:31 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykg85 View Post
Safir Arms Makes the .410 AR upper. Here is a link from Gunblast.com, this is an evaluation that was written up. Safir Arms T-14 .410 Shotgun Upper for the AR-15

That is the only one I know of. Just as a heads up though, most American Companies have their weapons parts manufactured in foreign countries. It takes a little bit more work to find a completely American Made firearm that is newly manufactured. Saiga's are top notch, no doubt about it.

If I understand Jorge's mindset and post right, he objects to Russian items, not just foreign-made things in general.

Despite the Spanish first name, I think he came here from Germany.

WW II and the Cold War left scars that will take some time to heal.

But I doubt that most major US gun companies use foreign parts. FN has a plant in S . Carolina that now makes Winchester products, but I think the guns are all made there.
In Europe, some parts made in Belgium by FN are assembled in Portugal, but the work seems first rate. ( Browning.)

Which other major US makers do you think are using foreign parts, and where did you learn that? Not being hostile; I'm just curious.

Of course, if you're talking about companies that build assault type weapons from imported parts, I understand you. But if you mean mainline makers like Colt, Ruger, Remington, S&W, etc., I doubt that it's true.

Springfield uses many Brazilian parts, but they seem honest and upfront about it. And they source those from Itajuba Arsenal, not some questionable unknown outfit.