View Single Post

Old 07-08-2012, 01:05 PM

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Two points:

If you are using reloaded ammunition to practice and carry, excellent. Such that the costs are essentially the same. Just make sure the bullet you are using is a quality bullet. If you're using commercially available reloads, as long as they are reliable even better.

Some will argue the point that you are wasting money etc. My thought? If you can shoot the same ammunition all the time, without spending more money to do it? Do it. If you have to spend more money to do it, use a practice load of the same weight. Right now you're getting to do something most of us don't, make sure your weapon stays utterly reliable with your carry ammo.

Second point, I have yet to see ANY case where a prosecutor asked forensics to disassemble a cartridge and identify the components to see if it was a "reload" or "factory assembled" cartridge. No one has, yet, been able to convince me that a prosecutor or even a forensic scientist would know the difference between Federal factory ammo or reloaded ammunition using Federal head stamped cases. Could they determine the difference? Yes, but only if they KNEW to look for it. Frankly, I think this continued BS discussion on reloads versus commercial ammunition will eventually make it to light and lawyers (who are extremely smart) will pick up on it and make it a standard investigatory procedure. My thought is, our continued discussion of this irrational, and unfounded, fear, will be recognized by anti-gun, anti-self defense, enemies and will manifest itself. So my thought? Keep quiet and shoot your ammo. If you are in a self-defense shoot with reloaded ammo or ANY ammunition, keep your mouth shut, let your lawyer do your talking.

-Rob

Last edited by RandomMan; 07-08-2012 at 01:11 PM.