View Single Post

Old 07-11-2012, 02:41 AM

Liked 366 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Quartzsite View Post
Most any gun can shoot better than the shooter doing the shooting. Might be better to trade for a Springfield XD and see if you have better luck.
I've had 7 XDs and they all shot fine, I've had 6 Glocks and they all shot fine, I've had 15 1911s and they all shot fine, 2 P89s - fine,2 P95s - fine,Berettas - fine,multiple revolvers, multiple surplus guns, multiple pocket guns - fine, etc - all fine. Honestly, the M&P is the only gun where fans tell owners to buy something else just so nobody brings up legitimate problems. It's been the same on other forums so it must be a brand thing.

The M&P has everything I could ever want in a poly gun, but the accuracy is not there in my particular model. My Shield shoots close to 2" groups at the same 15 yard distance even though it has less grip, a shorter barrel and sight radius while using the same ammo I tried in the FS.

The thing I see most is the older model owners talk about decent accuracy ,yet you'll get random people talking about the accuracy problem in the FS 9mms, post Compact introduction. It's enough of a problem that a very well known and trusted aftermarket parts company is designing new locking blocks and barrels to improve the accuracy and lock up in models exhibiting these issues.

ETA: I'd link a current thread with 9" groups at 15 yards while being bench rested and pictures of targets from another forum and FS 9mm but I know that's against the rules. Let's just say ARFCOM and leave it at that. I'm glad not all models share the characteristic of mine and many others, but considering it's random, it's hard to pin point the problem in the production line.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 07-11-2012 at 05:18 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: