View Single Post

Old 07-13-2012, 12:43 PM
US Veteran

Liked 14,217 Times in 4,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanewpadle View Post
I understand.

I apologize if I came across wrong. I was a little grouchy the other night.

The word "expert" is source of contention with me. Probably because I've met so many of them.

I am surely no expert myself. And I don't ever want to come across as one. I've carried concealed for 30 years but didn't carry daily until 20 years ago. And I'm still learning and refining the process.

I have three friends that own area gun shops. I worked at one a couple years part time. It was great and I learned much. But I also met some of the sorriest buttheads that ever carried a gun.

And they were all "experts". "I'm ex military so I know what I'm doing" Or "my dads a cop". PLEASE!!

Ive seen and heard some of the stupidest comments and remarks in gunshops.

I worry more about these "experts" just as much as I do bad guys. I don't want to get shot by accident!

And most frustrating is that when you get a concealed pistol license from this state, there is a reference to the Revised Code of Washington which tells you all the do's and dont's. You think they read it? No.

Sorry for the rant. I just wish people would understand and realize how serious this is. If they did, we would't have so many accidental shootings.

And us "older" guys must realize that relying on past experience is smart, but failure to adapt to an ever changing world is not.
Best definition I ever heard of an "expert":

An S.O.B. from outta town.