View Single Post

Old 07-16-2012, 06:44 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

The internet has allowed mall ninjas to multiply at a geometric rate, causing too many gun owners to believe that "the only safety is between my ears" and "a safety is a good way to get yourself killed". it's an absolute joke. 99.999% of gun owners will never fire a shot in a life or death scenario, yet they handle a loaded weapon multiple times aday, where there is a very real possibility of an ND, especially since they're so supremely confident that "my safety is between my ears". Ppeople screw up, even experts. Take the time to LEARN how to properly manipulate a safety and it's not an issue. for every 1 scenario you can give me of a safety causing a death (not thinking it's on and pulling the trigger- that's a Darwin Award winner), but actually not being able to fire when you need to, and I'll show you 100 where the lack of a safety caused a death or injury. Every night, I draw my 3913 and flick off safe 100 times. Takes less than 10 minutes. Flicking off that safety adds no time to my draw, and it is as automatic as stepping on the brake pedal before shifting into drive. These striker fired guns are actually MARKETED as being "so simple you need a minimal amount of training to be proficient". The ONE thing that should NOT be "so simple even a caveman can do it" is a firearm. It's the reason police departments even went to them, so they don't have to spend as much time on the range.

The NYPD authorized three guns, the Glock 19, S&W 5946, and SIG 226. At the time I retired, NOT ONE ND was with the SIG or S&W, both hammer fired. EVERY ONE of them was ith a Glock.

Last edited by kbm6893; 07-16-2012 at 08:02 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: