View Single Post

Old 07-17-2012, 12:18 AM

Liked 3,491 Times in 1,286 Posts

If you're looking for investments that can also be shooters I think your first purchase should be a K-22. You can get an older one or a M17, which is the same revolver, just a new name. Revolvers all got numbers in 1957. The K-22 is loads of fun and a good one to learn with. They are also very popular with collectors. An added advantage is they have almost no recoil and not much muzzle blast. Plus the fact .22 Long Rifle ammunition is cheap. Heck, you can shoot all afternoon for 10 bucks.
An engraved gun is valuable if it is by a famous engraver. Some people think it adds a great deal of value. Often that is not the case.
S&W revolvers have risen dramatically in value recently. I bought several in the mid to late '90s that are worth two or three times what I paid for them. None are in 100% condition, and I shoot and carry them. I bought them to use, and I enjoy doing so very much.
Get a few K-22s, then maybe a Military and Police .38 Special (M10). These are not hard to find, and are increasing in value. Then stay here on the Forum, and I'll bet you get a lot more ideas.
My congratulations to you in starting your kids out on the road to being safe gun owners. We need more parents like you.
Jim