View Single Post

Old 07-17-2012, 09:47 AM

Liked 1,923 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAmbassador View Post
I think guns are a little like baseball cards, the really old ones in nice condition will always be worth money. The new stuff, everybody puts it away and there is so much its never going to be worth what the old stuff is. Of course there's always going to be one that emerges as a terrific investment, good luck identifying that before it takes off.
The OP has already said the great guns and gold are in a bubble.Right there,I'm on a different page with him.I might agree that both are pumped up a bit,but little reason why the pump won't keep running,so that takes away the pump theory.They're both perceived as pricey because we remember lower prices,but that doesn't make them expensive or overpriced now.
Baseball cards? Look at values ten years ago,and today.Same collector value thing with cards,cars,guns,etc.We long for memories of our youth,so the appeal is to our generation,so going forward,when most will be seen as just cardboard?.Kids born decades afer the sixties won't be turned on by a 1964 Topps Willie May card anymore than they're turned on by a '64 Impala SS.