View Single Post

Old 07-22-2012, 02:42 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterfz6 View Post
I will never understand restricting something already designed to kill someone. Putting mercury in a HP sounds mean, but I would say shooting it in the first place would be pretty messed up if you had too. What's the point, I figure if i'm shooting at someone they probably deserve to die anyway. Mercury would be a very slow way to kill someone, it would only work if they were wounded.
I read the other post about the chief in a ,"Jaws" movie loading mercury into his ammo for the Combat Masterpiece, if I recall the gun.

I thought at the time I saw the film that this was probably not enough to kill a 25 foot shark. Reading the post about mercury disolving brass and lead makes me even less interested in that technique.

No sharks here, but alligators and cougars and bears in some parts of the state. Offshore, we do have many shark species, of course, including bulls, tigers, and whites.

Mobsters in NYC were rumored to put garlic in bullet noses, figuring it'd cause an infection that would kill a victim if the bullet didn't do that otherwise. Don't know if it worked. If the bullet wasn't a HP, they cut crosses in the nose and pressed in the garlic.

Last edited by Texas Star; 07-22-2012 at 02:54 PM.