View Single Post

Old 07-23-2012, 10:19 PM

Liked 102 Times in 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltran View Post
Hello all,

I've noticed a lot of people talking about the Shield recently, and I have grown curious - What is the difference between the M&P and the Shield? Is the shield more concealable than the M&P pistols?

I currently own a full size M&P 40, and plan on getting a conceal carry version of the M&P 40 next, but I've noticed the Shield pistols are cheaper...
The above posters are correct, the Shield is another M&P model. Main differences to the larger M&Ps are no ambidextrous controls - mag release, slide lock, and safety only are on the left side, and the backstrap is fixed, not interchangeable. The safety is much smaller and not optional on the Shield.

So in 40 cal, your choice is either to get an M&P 40c (compact), or the M&P Shield 40. The Shield is only slightly smaller in length, but slimmer than the 40c. It is also single stack vs the 40c double stack. Overall, the Shield is a bit more concealable depending on how you carry and dress. Some even say they pocket carry the Shield, but it's too big for me to do that.

Last edited by shield; 07-23-2012 at 10:22 PM.