View Single Post

Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 PM
US Veteran

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shield View Post
The above posters are correct, the Shield is another M&P model. Main differences to the larger M&Ps are no ambidextrous controls - mag release, slide lock, and safety only are on the left side, and the backstrap is fixed, not interchangeable. The safety is much smaller and not optional on the Shield.

So in 40 cal, your choice is either to get an M&P 40c (compact), or the M&P Shield 40. The Shield is only slightly smaller in length, but slimmer than the 40c. It is also single stack vs the 40c double stack. Overall, the Shield is a bit more concealable depending on how you carry and dress. Some even say they pocket carry the Shield, but it's too big for me to do that.
I see. I knew it was an M&P series pistol, I just didn't quite know how to differentiate between the regular M&P .40 and the Shield .40.

I think I would rather having the double stacked mag, so I'll probably go with the M&P .40c. However, I think the 9mm Shield might be something good for my sister to carry...hmm...must investigate.