View Single Post

Old 08-01-2012, 03:22 AM

Liked 366 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcamp View Post
I think that Nakano's frustration is quite understandable. If I had a 9 that shot like that I would b enraged. Totally unaccepatable from a legend like S&W. They need to hook him up with something from the Performance Center now. A companys reputation is everything. Alas, I wont be adding a FS9mm now. I'm disappointed.
Thanks for the response. I really like the M&P series and if it wasn't for the accuracy, it would be spot on perfect. The Shield I have is now my current EDC and will honestly stay there as a permanent all year carry gun. The BG380 I have is the pocket option when IWB cannot be achieved, again a permanent piece.

I really don't expect handouts from any company and I honestly just think they need to look into what aftermarket companies are already looking to produce to fix this issue. They replaced my barrel but not the locking block which is exactly what Apex is looking to make.

10-8 mentions the older barrels working well with 147gr ammo which I also shot at the range but it was worse than what you see in the three target pictures which is why I didn't post it. The S&W tech told me that they work best with 124gr. +P ammo. I tried 2 different brands in 124gr. +P so obviously it means these issues are very random and it's time S&W goes through their tooling and processes to make things a tad more consistent.

I'm not ready to hang up my FS M&P 9mm yet, I just need a company like Apex to make it right unfortunately. I'll say this, if every single other aspect of the gun was not perfect, I would already be rid of it, but I want it to work.

I should of brought one of my Beretta 92s and P89 for target comparison pictures using the same ammo. I've gone through well over 600 rounds (many of which were premium HP) which is easily 575 rounds more than what I've ever needed to get used to a new platform.

Bottom line, I'm not putting down the M&P series since the .40s and 45s seem to be GTG and many of the 9mm models, but it seems mine is something S&W just can't fix.