View Single Post

Old 08-02-2012, 10:56 AM

Liked 63 Times in 35 Posts

This has been a great thread. I was in the market for a FS 9mm and was considering the M&P. My issued M&P 40 FS has been great, very accurate, no issues. I have had two M&P 45 Compact’s. The gun feels great, but the trigger is just awful and had several magazine problems with springs and followers. I did the same, APEX kits, gunsmiths, etc. The trigger was either too gritty, or to light. I finally picked up a Glock 30 SF. It is boxy feeling, but dead accurate and flawless in execution. I may go with a Glock 17 instead of the M&P 9. I find it hard to believe all the changes to the barrel and issues with accuracy and feeding with different types of ammo with the M&P 9 FS. I still wish S&W would continue with a Third Gen line of metal guns. My 4606-1 is my most reliable and accurate 45 other than the recent Glock purchase. It is frustrating to call S&W customer service and ask for a part on one of my Third Gen guns and they tell me, sorry, that line is obsolete. So much for life time warranty, I guess that only counts if the gun is still in production.