Thread: Nano vs Shield
View Single Post

Old 08-04-2012, 01:05 AM

Liked 395 Times in 207 Posts

Mag318

I thought your report was excellent and objective.

My experience owning a Nano was a mixed bag. I had FTEs with every 115 grain brand I shot and my Shield has been flawless with 115 grain.

Before I traded my 3 dot Shield sights for XS Big Dot I shot tighter groups with my Shield. (See avatar) I believe it makes a huge difference that I can grip my Shield with 3 fingers vs. the Nano which is a pinkie dangler for any size hand.

It has been my observation following both M&P and Beretta forum the Nano is like the lottery. If you hit the jackpot you have a great firearm, but like me there are loosers and I shot over a case of ammo and even sent the gun back for repair but in the end I just could not get the gun to perform with 115 grain ammo. Too bad because I liked the gun but I could not have a question mark if my ccw would go bang.

There have been reports of late on the Beretta forum later models of the Nano are more reliable which is great news but I still see a few posts of frustrated owners even with later models and for me I am not going to give the Beretta Nano a second try especially when my Shield is flawless and meets my pocket conceal needs in 34x32 Dockers and with the low profile rear XS sights (stock 3 dot would catch on my pocket) I can draw sweep safety and dry fire in just over one second.

Russ

Last edited by RussC; 08-04-2012 at 10:17 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: