View Single Post

Old 08-06-2012, 02:47 AM

Liked 362 Times in 268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadduck View Post
Noob here. A buddy of mine recently bought an M&P15-22 and convinced me to buy one so I'll be picking one up in a couple of days.

The 25 round mag looks a little long for prone position firing so I'm planning to get a shorter mag for that. I looked on the S&W site and they have two smaller mags available, 10 and 12 round. I assume that either would be OK for prone position firing, right?
You are probably looking at the wrong model mags. The only S&W .22 that has both a 10 and a 12 round mag is the Mdl 41 pistol.
The AR15-22 has 2 different 10 round mags, a 25 rd mag pinned to only 10 rounds and a short true 10 round mag. The short 10 rounds ones are the ones I use on mine when using my benchrest at the range. I can use the 25s but then I have to jack the rest way up. As a competition speed shooter I find that there is no amount of mags that is perfect. I have 4 of the short 10s for shooting in matches that limit me to 10/mag or sighting in at the range. I have 8 S&W 25s, 2 Promag 32s and one BDM 50 drum.
The Following User Likes This Post: