Thread: Nano vs Shield
View Single Post

Old 08-06-2012, 12:16 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,313 Times in 447 Posts

I just ordered a set of Trijicon night sights for my Nano. I really like the fact that all I need to change them is the supplied 1.3mm wrench and no sight pusher. The Nano has a short grip that you'd think would be uncomfortable, but it is not. The truly suprising thing with the Nano was how accurate this tiny pistol shoots. I'm sure the long, smooth trigger has something to do with it, I can actually stage it like I do with all my S&W revolvers. The recoil impulse is also very comfortable. But I have to admit that after putting 200+ rounds through it in one session the sharp backstrap checkering did cause some discomfort to the palm of my hand. I was having so much fun though I shot this thing until there was no more ammo to shoot. Some Nano owners have put Talon grips on theirs so I'm going to check these out too.
Being a big M&P fan the Shield is a wonderful pistol I just find the Nano better suited for pocket carry. But that's me, you have to experiment with several pistols to see what works for you. I have no plans for getting rid of my Shield and enjoy carrying it in an IWB holster. I think for my next comparison test I'm going to shoot it side by side with my M&P9c, which by the way has a shorter grip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06394.jpg (71.1 KB, 542 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06283.jpg (86.9 KB, 606 views)