View Single Post

Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm new to this forum. I read everything in this post but am not a gunsmith so I don't understand everything.
I bought a S&W M&P 9mm full size about 6 weeks ago. I ran a box of American Eagle 115 gr through it at 10 and 15 yards. It shot 5" low and 5" left for myself. I let my friend shoot it. He shot the same.
I called S&W and they said to send it back. I got it back on 8/1/12. S&W put a lower front sight on the gun. I ran a second box of the same ammo through it. It sprayed all over the 8" target at 15 yards. I shot it a 10 yards and was able to put 5 shots in a 2" group after adjusting the rear sight.I could not understand why it sprayed all over the target at 15 yards. Each time I was shooting supported.
I changed Ammo to Winchester 115 gr solid points. Again, I shot it supported and could not hold a group at 15 yards.
Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of guys are having the same problem. Can't the S&W M&P 9mm hold a group at 15 yards?
What should I do?
I previously had a S&W Model 15 38spl revolver and could hold a 2" group at 25 yards.