View Single Post

Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 PM

Liked 40 Times in 23 Posts

I have a .40 Shield with 500+ rounds though flawlessly. While I agree with those here that say it is not enough to trust 100%, I will continue to shoot it until I have complete piece of mind. Keep in mind, the .40 Shield issues seem to be associated with the 7rnd mag only. If I am not mistaken, the .40 can accommodate a 9mm barrel and mags so for a little extra cash you really get two guns.

I am full aware of the issues with the .40 Shield and do believe them to be real. Maybe I was lucky, as others here. What I struggle with is the magnitude of the problem. We hear about issues on forums but S&W has yet to issue a recall on the firearm. We are always more likely to share our negative experiences then our positive ones. This situation truly baffles me. I find it hard to believe that S&W would keep producing and distributing a firearm with known issues.

The choice is yours. Buy what you can get your hands on but I would not be too worried about the reported .40 issues. Best of luck as decide...Brian