View Single Post

Old 08-14-2012, 01:40 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
The P238 has a safety and slide lock on last round, but it's SAO which some are afraid of. Too me the P238 still takes the number one spot but the BG380 is a close second.

Mine hasn't had any problems, but when I first got it I completely tore it down, cleaned it and filed my own slight relief area on the firing pin that goes against the firing pin block. As it is now, if it dosn't move the block completely out of the way in time, it should still pass through by moving the block out of the way itself. BTW, I've had zero problems with my BG380.

One reason I heard about the FB breaking was that they incorrectly heat treated it which caused it to be too brittle. One member on a forum tested his broken firing pin with a hammer by lightly hitting it on a hard surface which caused it to shatter. He then annealed another firing pin and tried the same thing and nothing happened. He had S&W send him a new FP and said he would try the new one and if it broke again, he'd try his annealed one.

In any case, I read all of the bad reports and have experienced none of them so far. One thing for sure, put some blue loctite on the threads or some clear nail polish on the head of the screw that holds the laser plate down inside the frame. If it backs out, it can easily lock the slide.

As with all things, just because my example (ser#EBE46XX) has no problems, dosn't mean others won't.
SIG looks nice, but carrying a cocked and locked gun in a pocket is a BAD idea. Carrying a 1911 on the belt cocked and locked is one thing, but putting one in my pocket is not gonna happen.