View Single Post

Old 08-14-2012, 02:51 PM

Liked 366 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
SIG looks nice, but carrying a cocked and locked gun in a pocket is a BAD idea. Carrying a 1911 on the belt cocked and locked is one thing, but putting one in my pocket is not gonna happen.

Yea, many are afraid of it ,but it's perfectly safe. The P238 has a FP block and the thumb safety disconnects the hammer from the sear so no worries there. The trigger is also not as light as a 1911 so it's not much different (or actually safer) than many who pocket Shields with the safety off or Glocks. The difference is you can't see the pre-cocked striker. People used to vest pocket Colt 1903s all the time but you can't see the internal hammer that's fully cocked and locked by a thumb and grip safety. If I were to hand someone a 1911 and Colt 1903 and ask which one would be safer, most would pick the 1903 because of the hidden visual aspect of it. No fret though, it's just something you understand and realize is perfectly safe or just go with the many other pocket guns out there.

I used mine for pocket carry all the time but since I got the BG380,I use it as a back-up if my BG380 is ever down. The reason the BG380 took it's place is for cost, a little bit of weight, a little more corrosion resistance and the fact that it still has a thumb safety so the manual of arms are the same.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 08-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.