View Single Post

Old 08-14-2012, 05:09 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,872 Times in 2,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
Yea, many are afraid of it ,but it's perfectly safe. The P238 has a FP block and the thumb safety disconnects the hammer from the sear so no worries there. The trigger is also not as light as a 1911 so it's not much different (or actually safer) than many who pocket Shields with the safety off or Glocks. The difference is you can't see the pre-cocked striker. People used to vest pocket Colt 1903s all the time but you can't see the internal hammer that's fully cocked and locked by a thumb and grip safety. If I were to hand someone a 1911 and Colt 1903 and ask which one would be safer, most would pick the 1903 because of the hidden visual aspect of it. No fret though, it's just something you understand and realize is perfectly safe or just go with the many other pocket guns out there.

I used mine for pocket carry all the time but since I got the BG380,I use it as a back-up if my BG380 is ever down. The reason the BG380 took it's place is for cost, a little bit of weight, a little more corrosion resistance and the fact that it still has a thumb safety so the manual of arms are the same.
I'm sure the trigger is quite a bit lighter than the one on a Bodyguard. If they offered the SIG in DA/SA, I'd be all over it.