View Single Post

Old 08-15-2012, 01:48 AM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppeku View Post
Went to the Crossroads gun show at Cardinals stadium here in Phoenix last weekend. I was looking specifically for a 629-4 4" or 3". I got to the last row without seeing 1 and was already admitting defeat when next to the last table I saw it.

629-4 3". Some guy was holding it when I saw it. I turned to my friend that I went with and said "that's my gun."

The guy sat it down and walked away. I walked away with the revolver.

I can't wait to take it out! Looking for grips now and am curious about the date of shipping.

Serial Number is BRU7431. If someone could give me a date, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve
Nice catch and congratulations on your new 629! There is something special about this era of guns - the right pieces are real dreams. My 629-4 (not me) shoots 5 shots into a 1.2" group at 50 yards, according to the test target that came with it.

A phone call to S&W Customer Service can land you the exact date pretty quickly but it is most likely February or March 1994. Mine shares the same first two letters but is only slightly lower, and the DOB for mine was January 26, 1994.

Chuck
The Following 3 Users Like Post: