Thread: Suppressors
View Single Post

Old 08-15-2012, 05:02 PM

Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts

since Im a im a FFL(07)SOT and can build and sale these I will add to this alittle. Most get cault up in which can is the quietest, which I refer to as DB drag racing. Its like going to a electronics place and seeing all the TVs side by side, there is no doubt which one has the better pic in your mind as soon as you see them. With that said once you get home it really doesnt matter because its not setting beside all the other TVs for comparison. And Its way better than your old one.

So the real comparison is between companies. If I was buying a new can for a rimfire. The first thing id look at is if the company offered a can that can be taken apart for cleaning cause they do need to be cleaned and what its made out of. I would want something that is going to last cause the paperwork takes forever to get a replacement if this one doesnt last. Not to mention the cost

What im saying is dont get cault up in DB drag racing cause temp change, humidity, ammo and host weapon all change the DB level. FRP isnt a big deal either alittle wire pulling gel or water fixes that.

Both the cans mention are great pieces but dont let a rating number be the deciding facture. Do your home work or have one custom built to your specs. Make sure you will be happy with every part of the can (price, looks, servicablity, materials, and DB).

My last customer wanted all Titanium with exception of the blast baffle and it was inconel (spelling). While this is extreme over kill for a rimfire can the customer wanted something to pass down to his family for years to come..
The Following User Likes This Post: