View Single Post

Old 08-16-2012, 06:29 AM

Liked 4,916 Times in 2,086 Posts
Default Carrying where "No Guns" signs are posted.

I read time and again how folks think that it's not against the law to carry where the sign is posted. That it's "The store owner's rules and I can be asked to leave but it's not The Law".
It is law that one cannot carry in a posted area. The penalty is that one may be asked to leave by the shop owner. And if one refuses, the cops will be called.
A big deal was made in Ohio when the CC law was extended to bars (or restaurants that also serve alcohol). All of us trumpeted "hey - just post a sign. We'll either leave our guns outside or go elsewhere." Now I read a lot about folks pointedly ignoring this.

And when the media shouts "CC HOLDERS IGNORE WARNING SIGNS AND THE LAW - NONE OF US ARE SAFE" it won't be pretty.

I have to ask - when I see one of these signs it is damned obvious that the owner of this private property does not want anyone carrying a gun on their premises. Why would anyone ignore that property owners constitutional right? If your property is posted "no trespassing" how would you feel if you looked up and someone was standing in your yard? It's the same thing.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: