View Single Post

Old 08-16-2012, 07:51 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

I loved .45 Colt - especially my 625MG in that caliber. In fact, it eventually replaced all of my same caliber Rugers - BH, Bisley, Vaquero, RH, and even my .454 SRH. I tried a range friend's Rossi/Puma M1892 ten years back - ultimately ordered a new Puma SS 24" octagon barrel M1892 - and a Marbles Tang Sight the same day. I installed it in seconds - and have never shot it without those sights - a real pleasure to plink with. Slow/short stroke the lever will yield problems, otherwise it has been 100% reliable - a real joy!

I had a Henry 'Big Boy' in .44 Magnum for a while - delightful, but heavy (That brass receiver!). You could mix .44 Russians, Specials, & Magnums - they'd all feed easily. I regret selling that one... but not my Marlins - they were delivered rough in the lockwork smoothness department. The Puma and Henry were smooth as glass right out of the box. I do know of one problem with one Puma - a 20" blued .357/.38. It was smooth as glass, too - just wouldn't pop a primer - and for good reason - it was assembled without the firing pin! He returned it to the mail order closeout dealer for exchange - but they had no more. A local dealer had one on the wall - but the cheapskate didn't want to spend the C-note plus in difference. That's the only Rossi/Puma M1892 problem I know of.

Some years back, I thinned my long gun herd - down to .22's and one CF - the M1892 in the picture. It's 'enough' for me!

Stainz
The Following 2 Users Like Post: