View Single Post

Old 08-16-2012, 10:41 AM

Liked 528 Times in 228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonvalley View Post
I agree with that statement so much I won't buy ammo at Walmart anymore...they sell it because its profitable and in their best business interest but remember when they got rid of all evil guns? I still go in but won't buy anything gun related...my local gun store has everything I need and is a kindred spirit.
My comments following here only apply to Texas!!!
I just came from a Walmart Store and I carried. I do it all the time. In Texas if a store really does not want someone with a CHL to carry there, then they can post a legal 30.06 sign or a 51% sign. Otherwise its a suggestion. If anyone there thinks I am carrying and asks me I have an obligation to leave. But I agree with other posters, if I see any kind of no gun sign, if it is a legal sign I just don't go there, if it is
not a legal sign, I probably won't shop there either.

To me its like a yellow sign with a speed limit posted on it.
Thats a recommended speed, and is not enforcable.

Even if a business has no sign at all and confronts you about not carrying there, you are required by law to comply. But why shop with any business which wishes to compromise my
safety by requring me not to carry. Does anyone think for a minute that such a business would accept liability if a criminal assaults you on their property. I feel that they ought to be held liable once the no gun signs go up if anything happens on their property such as a criminal assault.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: