View Single Post

Old 08-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Banned

Liked 1,451 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujax01 View Post
So what I'm reading from quite a few is that it's not cheating unless you get caught?

And as far as there being a difference between my private property and someone else who uses their private property to conduct business - no there is not. People are "invited" as long as they comply with the law and the rules of the establishment. If the law says that if I put a "no guns" sign up you are not allowed to carry in my establishment then you are not invited if you have a gun. Pretty simple concept.
Obviously it's not a simple concept, since the opinions are widespread. From many people's point of view your sign, unless it's followed up by armed security guards you've hired to protect occupants in a store, amounts to a negligent and willful failure to protect their families and them from the ever increasing possibility of a nut shooting the place up. Their right to protect themselves and themselves trumps your political views.

Business owners rights are not the same as homeowners rights, I've said that once already. Yet, many seem to try to compare them, which is fallacy.

You seem to be trying to make this a simple black and white argument at it's not.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: