View Single Post

Old 08-16-2012, 06:01 PM

Liked 4,916 Times in 2,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatesRightist View Post
Obviously it's not a simple concept, since the opinions are widespread. From many people's point of view your sign, unless it's followed up by armed security guards you've hired to protect occupants in a store, amounts to a negligent and willful failure to protect their families and them from the ever increasing possibility of a nut shooting the place up. Their right to protect themselves and themselves trumps your political views.

Business owners rights are not the same as homeowners rights, I've said that once already. Yet, many seem to try to compare them, which is fallacy.

You seem to be trying to make this a simple black and white argument at it's not.
You and I do disagree. I say the business owner's rights as they pertain to their private property are the same as the homeowner's.

And by posting their "no guns" sign, they are putting you on notice that you are not to carry a gun on their property.

And offering you the opportunity to stay out of their place of business if you do not like it.

It is very simple.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: