View Single Post

Old 08-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Banned

Liked 1,451 Times in 555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujax01 View Post
You and I do disagree. I say the business owner's rights as they pertain to their private property are the same as the homeowner's.

And by posting their "no guns" sign, they are putting you on notice that you are not to carry a gun on their property.

And offering you the opportunity to stay out of their place of business if you do not like it.

It is very simple.
Try walking around your store nude and let me know how that works out. Have sex with your wife on a display couch in your furniture store business hours and see how that goes. Got sot faced, falling down drunk in your store and see if you get charged with public intoxication. Clearly your home with the blinds closed and your business are not the same in the legal system. Just as the second poster told you, you have your position and that's all it is, your position, it is not the only logical one. Obviously many people on here, don't think your position is the only one.

As I said in my original post, I generally avoid places with signs to be polite and avoid the hassle, but that does not mean I fail to see both sides of the issue. I tend to go your way more times than not, but at times for example, when I am driving out of town, need gas and see thugs all over the parking lot, I could care less what your sign says and I'm not running out of gas to appease you either.

I'm not trying to hassle you, but your argument is the simple part of the debate, not the answer. If it were a clear cut deal, the consensus would agree with you and it's clearly split.

Either way, good post, it's led to an interesting debate.
The Following User Likes This Post: