View Single Post

Old 08-21-2012, 03:19 AM

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1000 View Post
We shouldn't have to play these games to exercise rights granted to us as an American citizen.

The law abiding citizen is immediately put on the defensive to explain why his rights should be granted. My rights are as clear as the Bill of Rights. What's not clear is the reason the chief has for limiting my rights.
Just to add, it should be turned around to "why are you restricting my rights rather than what is my reason for my wanting a LTC". My rights are as plain as day, what's not clear is the chief's rationale for restricting my rights. The law abiding citizen is immediately put on the defensive to explain his rights (reasons) that are as clear as the Bill Of Rights. What's never clear is why is the chief is restricting those rights. If my record is clean, and I want to exercise my second amendment rights, the only explanation I should need is the Constitution, yet we're being forced to give a reason for the rights that are granted to us as an American citizen. It's more like what right does the chief have to restrict my rights, and not the other way around.

Last edited by Jeff1000; 08-21-2012 at 03:59 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: