View Single Post

Old 08-21-2012, 10:42 AM

Liked 177 Times in 91 Posts

MA is "unique" wrt the Constitution (it does NOT apply here, my chief even said so to my Wife), their power over whether or not you can even own a gun, and the convoluted process required.

Asking about this on a national forum will get you lots of answers which will NOT help you one bit in MA to get your LTC-A!

IIRC you already asked this on the proper regional forum where experts (including myself) who actually understand the process and application of those laws actively participate. There is a thread there (northeastshooters.com) which is a Sticky, written by a MA firearms attorney (who was later banned from the forum) on how to deal with the application process and what to write.

Worcester is a real problem for residents getting unrestricted permits, but I'll admit to not knowing the current status in Worcester.

Also in MA what will work for those that are connected vs. those that are unknowns will be different even in "red/black" towns (see thread on rating towns in regional forum). In >30 years, my Wife and I have never put down anything more than "All Lawful Purposes" and never written a letter in justification. We live in a "red" town, but we are well known in the town and both serve in various capacities as appointed officials. Most others that are unknown would be rejected if they merely put that on their applications in this town.

Also be advised that MGL only allows a business OWNER to obtain their permit in the town they have the business in, everyone else (employees) must get their permit only from the town they live in.