View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 02:42 PM

Liked 112 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sailor View Post
That would be if the accuracy issue really exists. It seems to be popular these days to assign blame for any inaccuracy on the gun itself. If a shooter cannot master his weapon and someone else claims to have problems with theirs it is far to easy to say "Ahha, that's why I'm such a poor shot". I am sure there are some guns out there that do have issues. I cannot imagine a manufactured product that comes out perfect all the time. I would think however that if it were the rate of twist then any problems would be across the board and everyone would be having it. Mine shoots very well as do thousands of others.
The problem is real, but you are also correct in that people do not shoot all that well either.

The other problem is that the poor twist rate coupled with the loose fitting barrel hood ONLY shows itself after 15yds. Since most people shoot INSIDE of 15yds, they never find any issues.

Are there some M&P's that shoot 5" or better at 25yds? Yes. So it does happen.

Just so you know, I believe that EVERYONE on the S&W pistol shooting team is running a fitted Storm Lake barrel. I would say that this is a clue!

C4