View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 03:36 PM

Liked 112 Times in 68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sailor View Post
I just think that any new M&P owner should work on his skill first before blaming the gun itself. If you are not accustomed to a striker fired pistol at all then there may be some bad habits to overcome first. I grew up with revolvers. The few semi's I've owned were single action only. When I got my M&P I was appalled to see how poorly I shot it. My groups all seemed to be low and even as close as 25ft 4+" was about the best I could do and I would sometimes have random fliers that missed the target completely. By chance I ran into an accomplished shooter who was experienced with his own M&P. Using my pistol at 25ft he fired a 10 shot group center target, not over about 2". At that point I realized that I had to overcome some bad habits that weren't so noticable when firing a revolver single action. I'm still somewhat handicapped by my vision (not a kid anymore) but find that offhand at 50ft I can easily keep a 3+" group and well below 3" in a sitting position. Fliers are now 2 to 3 inches off the main group and not off the paper. For me anyway, poor trigger control was the culprit.
Sure. Or just put the gun on a sand bag and see what you got (no need to free hand it). No sense in trying to learn to shoot on a gun that shoots 6-8" groups IMHO.

C4