View Single Post

Old 08-27-2012, 01:13 AM

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1000 View Post
Yup, but who knows how the chief really feels. It could be the chief is toeing the line to hold onto his job; or maybe, as you implied, he was selected because he best represents the politics of the city council, and further down the line, the citizens of Worcester.

It's funny about gun laws though, people up here are very afraid of citizens being armed. I even know conservative republican types who are anti-gun. To me they're RINOS. It makes no sense because you can't just pick and choose the laws in the constitution that you agree with, that's what progressives do. To me it's all or nothing.
Just to add, look at Chicago. Gun violence is absolutely out of control, and Chicago has the toughest gun laws in the country. A law abiding citizen cannot even purchase a firearm within the city limits; firearm sales are banned. So what has the mayor done as a response to all the violence? He recently rewrote the city's gun ordinance to make it even tougher to acquire handguns. That's called doubling down on stupid.

What kind of message would be sent to killers if they knew the citizens were able to arm themselves, and were encouraged to do so? Instead, the message is we're going to make our citizens even more vulnerable, and the killers even more brazen.
The Following User Likes This Post: