View Single Post

Old 08-27-2012, 07:58 PM

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

IMO, the New York shooting incident shows that the average LEO operating in an anti-gun municipality will be less able with their weapons, due to less off the clock training or interest in their firearms. That was a terrible showing of police capability.

If the suspect is actively shooting people with others in the background, then you have to close the distance on them and make shots that count. Definitely shouldn't shoot at a fleeing suspect in a crowd. That whole incident was just not handled right.

Greybeard43:

For an everyday concealable carry handgun, I just don't think one can be "overpowered." All handgun rounds from .25 to .45 are questionable stoppers, so my philosophy is to carry the most capable ammo available. Who would you really ever need to shoot? Most likely only someone who is hopped up on drugs or adrenaline. Someone that would need a serious thump to neutralize.

For home defense inside a condo, however, you might consider a short barrel 12 or 20 gauge loaded with #4 Buckshot. Pretty much any 9mm will penetrate several layers of drywall.

My 2 cents.