View Single Post

Old 08-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Banned

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houdini1953 View Post
I have the MGW M&P sight adjustment tool and just now ordered the dovetail tool from Talon at Brownell's wish I had. I had no problem taking the rear sight off but getting the spring and cap back into the weapon was a problem making a trip to the gunsmith necessary, good thing was I know him well and he fixed it free in about 6 minutes and he showed me the same tool I just ordered from Brownell's it will be the best 3.99 you ever spent and right now you can get the MGW tool from Midway, I had mine on backorder for two months, it will cost $136 after tax and shipping here's the link: Maryland Gun Works Front & Rear Sight Tool S&W M&P
I used a 4.95 brass drift punch and it worked great. I put a hi viz on my M&P and one on my Ruger SR9c. I don't see why a 140 dollar tool is needed. I put duct tap on both sides of my slide and then a piece of leather in the vice and put some pressure on it. Tapped out the dove tail sight and then the new one back in. goes from left to right out and to put in right to left. I flattened the side of the drift punch with a file to get more contact with the sight and not a problem. As far as the rear sight on the M&P use a gallon ziplock bag and put a hold in it for the punch and then just put the spring and plate back on when you are ready to install the new sight.