View Single Post

Old 09-02-2012, 02:17 PM

Liked 106 Times in 37 Posts

First….I do 90% of my shooting in the dessert…true plinker style….POINT, AIM, FIRE, repeat if necessary until target is hit, destroyed, or dead, whatever the case may be. I do not consult my lap top or phone before each shot.

With that said I chose the BDC reticule and I love it. Because that other 10% of the time, like when I am zeroing the scope, I can “GEEK OUT” and use my phone or lap top with the Spot On software. It is pretty cool because what it does for me is it helps me gain a greater understanding of ballistics and the science behind the rifle ,scope, and bullet. The odd numbers referred to above don’t bother me. They come into play because the software is making calculations for you based on true math and factory ballistic data. It can be set up so the BDC dots represent something like 50, 100, and 150 yards for the real world, but it’s going to give you the exact numbers.

So….after going through the routine…learning and testing things. I go back to POINT, AIM, FIRE!!! Repeat if necessary. There is no reference card in my pocket and my phone gets turned off so no one can bother me during my precious hours in the dessert.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: