View Single Post

Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 PM

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Full discloure - I bought the BDC for the rebate and because it was specific for a .22 load. Previously, I was strickly a crosshair scope shooter. I too had concerns about the scope being too "busy" but after a couple of range sessions I honestly have 0 issue with the circles and they seem tiny when I am actually shooting, as oppsoed to a .gif of the rectical on the Nikon site. Regarding the circles not matching marks at specific intervals - while they are not dead on at common intervals as mentioned above, I am actually surprised at how close my set up gets me all the way out to 150 yards. I personally feel it makes hold over shooting (which I am used to) much easier. Previous rifle work with a bolt .22 and a good knowledge of the .22s trajectory helps me alot though, YMMV. The spot on program also does help alot however not enough that I would pay to get the app on my iphone (isn't free with the BDC???) I do use the online version frequently and shoot the same rounds consistantly (CCI-mini mags 40g CPRN) so at this point I know my round, range and setup pretty well. I am sighted at 25 yards and at the long range (200y) on 7x I am just about dead on at 50yds on the top of first circle, 75yds dead on in the middle of the second circle, and 100yds dead on at the bottom of the third. 125yds sits at the bottom of the 4th circle. 150yds is just at or under the broad part of the bottom hair and is a little more tricky - but IMHO .22s really aren't for anything other than paper targets at that distance, so you can afford a few shots to walk yourself in. I can shoot the same hole @ 25 yards and am happy with a group I can cover with my hand @ 100 set this way, which I think is right on par with what would be a reasonable expectation of this scope, rifle and round, again your milage and opinion may vary.

Bottom line is I am beyond please with this scope (P-series rings also) and would definitly do it again if I had the choice. I have 3 other rifles and all have Leopuld scopes.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: