View Single Post

Old 09-03-2012, 09:50 AM
US Veteran

Liked 414 Times in 175 Posts
Default Building a Gun Room

So, my wife has asked me to build a gun room in the basement to keep all the 'stuff' contained.

I can take up all the space I want and am planning a reloading/smithing (term used loosely) room, with a walk-in gun storage room.

I'm not going to use a safe - I have my own philosophy on this.

The gun storage area will be about 4'x6' which should leave plenty of space for future additions. Currently, I take in about 15-20 pieces per year (I'm still fairly new at this so I'm sure it will slow down), and never seem to be able to let one go.

I think I have the construction planned out well but what I'm not sure of is how to actually store the handguns.

I would like to be able to see them on display when I walk in, but don't want them to be damaged from improper long-term storage.

I'm thinking some sort of wall hooks are in order here with long guns storeg vertically along the bottom.

I'm seeking some advice, suggestions, what to avoid, examples, photos...anything ya got.

What I'm not seeking is to start an argument about safes, bad guys, and fire as I'm sure those have been covered.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

A.

Last edited by Avery11; 09-03-2012 at 09:55 AM.