View Single Post

Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 PM

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn mccarver View Post
What rigors? Seriously, are you getting into that many gunfights? Are you doing scuba with your department issued firearm, jumping up out of the water and shooting the crack house sentry with a water filled barrel?

Are you rolling up in the SWAT van, jumping out and crawling through mud for a hundred yards to go under the drug house trip wires to avoid the IEDs and other booby-traps, and then having a gun fight with a barrel full of mud?

The Shield is a well-built gun and can handle any police use, except the one that seems most common among police. That is abuse of the firearm and neglect of the firearm. Most of the department issued firearms I have seen look like they were dragged behind the police car on a logging chain to each call. Many officers just do not take care of their stuff, whether it be guns or radios or any other gear.

With proper care, it will be fine for any police use at any department.

I am trying to gauge if this gun is made with similar durability and quality as their larger duty guns. All Glocks could be a duty gun and withstand thousands upon thousands of rounds through them with no problem. Full sized Sigs, HK's Beretta, the same thing. A gun like a Kel Tec or Ruger LC9 I feel, is not made to be fired a whole heck of a lot but are good carry guns. I'm hoping the Shield is tougher.

My thinking is that some guns are not built tough enough or are trustworthy enough for police duty use. I do realize that most guns will go bang when the trigger is pulled, at least for a little while.

I don't trust all guns. I will not stake my life on any Taurus except the PT99 I once had. Anyone carrying a Department owned Taurus?

Last edited by fran m; 09-14-2012 at 10:02 PM.