View Single Post

Old 09-16-2012, 01:56 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,169 Times in 604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesD View Post
I am looking for a revolver chambered in .32 H&R Magnum.
Wondering if any of y’all had any “favorites” to point me towards.

S&W of course. (Or Colts maybe, if that’s OK).

This revolver will be carried, so my preferences would be:
- short-ish barrel
- light-ish weight

But then I have two other preferences which sort of run contrary to carry logic:
1- I just don’t like shrouded hammers (sorry, I can’t help it).
2- I have big hands and long fingers. I am really more comfortable with a bigger frame/grip.
But maybe...for carry...stay with a small frame and find the right grips to “swell” the grip/size for me? ? ?

Anybody have any favorite revolvers to recommend, and/or ideas about mating my big hand to a small frame revolver?
I have a model 631 (J-frame) Stainless (6 designation) with fixed sights and large combat grips (factory) that will fill large hands with a small revolver....this revolver has an exposed hammer and is 32 H&R Mag. that will also shoot .32 S&W long wadcutters for practice (and accuracy). My only complaint is the fixed sights on the 2" gun (the 4" has adjustable sights). These guns were only made for a year or 2 in the early 1990's. Prices have escalated because they are scarce. True of most .32's since they were never really popular and now are collectable. I can post some photos later if you wish......
Terry