View Single Post

Old 09-16-2012, 10:48 PM

Liked 1,883 Times in 987 Posts

Wow a lot of activity on the post. I still haven't settled on a selection yet. I do hear the points on the Dillon RL550B, as well as the Hornady LnL AP. Really have settled on a price range in the low-to-mid $400 range, which means if I get the Dillon I am going to be handicapping myself to using it for 1 pistol caliber, and stuck loading the rest until I could save up more money. As mentioned before I am probably shooting at the most 2,000 rounds a year (excluding rimfire), which consists of about 1,500 pistol, and 500 rifle--been that way for about the last 3 years. Don't shoot any competitions, just reloading for plinking ammo. Just not sure if my demand warrants a progressive. Too many tough decisions.

Mkk41, in response to your message above, I wanted to ask why a Redding T7 turret is "like several accidents waiting to happen?" Couldn't the same be said about a Progressive?

I am really a beginner reloader; I have loaded a few different calibers, but don't have anything narrowed down as to what lead, powder, case length etc. work best in the guns I am loading for--but they do go bang everytime and haven't had a squid or double charge. You also say that you would have a "solid O-press for accuracy, high-volume and durability." Which is what I have now with my RockChucker II.

Last edited by novalty; 09-16-2012 at 11:26 PM.