View Single Post

Old 09-17-2012, 05:35 PM

Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

Here in my neighborhood, surrounded by a golf course and a major wash with all kinds of hiding spots, we have coyotes, bobcats, javelina and plenty of snakes. I see all of the above on my evening walks with the dog. I have also had all of the them-minus the bobcats in my yard. They have always darted away as soon as they see me. Never had a problem until last night. While walking the cart path I heard a dog start raising hell down by the wash so, we headed that way and here is a yote yipping and barking all by himself in the middle of the wash. When he saw me he actually started yelping and almost growling at me. I was about 50yds from him. He couldnt have seen my dog because the brush was about three feet tall right in front of me (I'm just over 6ft). Anyway, he did this for about 30 seconds and then started running towards me. I thought to myself( this *** is crazy).
I picked up the biggest stick I could find and started backing up and getting ready. He came right to the edge of the brush, stopped, saw my dog yelped once an took off running back across the wash. I usually dont carry when I'm walking in the neighborhood but, that changed as of last night!!