View Single Post

Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for the history on these fascinating pistols.

I had understood that Sweden produced holsters for the Danish contract M-40S pistols, but had never seen one, and just assumed that the Danes used Swedish triple crown marked M40 holsters. Then, I found and purchased what I believe to be the correct Danish contract holster, pictured below. Note the Danish crown on the tab that's identical to those on the gun. Construction is different as well. The shape is slightly different, and there are no provisions for the loading tool or cleaning rod. The accessories shown are Swedish, as would have been supplied to the Danes. The lanyard is not marked.

The "HV" mark on the receiver of the Danish contract pistols does not stand for Husqvarna, but rather for “Haerens Vapenarsenal”, or Army Armory in Danish. Magazines should have the same small crown mark low on the spine.

My own Danish contract M-40S is D904x, in excellent unissued original condition. The trigger guard is lightly stamped 'SA, RIDGEFIELD'. It is the most accurate 9mm service pistol that I have ever fired, though I don't think much of the long, muddy trigger pull!

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DanishM40Holster2.jpg (102.9 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg DanishM40Holster3.jpg (105.8 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg DanishM40Holster4.jpg (94.1 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg DanishM40Holster5.jpg (101.7 KB, 148 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: