View Single Post

Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default 9mm Barrel in .40 Shield

I originally posted this in the ".40 Cal Shield" thread, but thought perhaps it should have its own thread:

I sent an email to S&W specifically asking if the Shield 9mm barrel could be used in a .40 Shield:

"Can the factory 9mm Shield barrel be installed in a my .40 Shield? I realize that, if this were possible, I would have to obtain 9mm magazines. I do have a couple SIGs for which I have the factory .40 and .357 barrels plus aftermarket Bar-Sto 9mm barrels. I certainly would prefer to use a factory barrel if approved by S&W, however."

The reply:

"It is not possible to change from .40 to 9mm or 9mm to .40. The difference in caliber size makes it not possible."

This reply was from Customer Service. It may still be possible, but I sure would like to have S&W bless it before I tried it. Previously I had sent an email to Storm Lake shortly after the .40 Shield came out asking if they were looking at a 9mm barrel for the .40 Shield. On May 13 I received this reply:

"We have started a waiting list for the Shield model. If you would like to have your name added, we will contact you when the option becomes available."