View Single Post

Old 09-29-2012, 05:39 PM

Liked 285 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Sackett View Post
Here are Keith's loads, some of them at least for handguns.

It would seem to me that being on the safe side I would use the 12gr load for starters that he recommends for the C**t handguns.

Sometimes what is perceived as something by one is not what is perceived by another.

Flattened primers is subjective. Sticky extraction is too, as we discussed earlier. If there is any rounded part left to the primer, I don't consider them flattened. Others have another interpretation of them though.

Interesting loads. Considering .38 Special, I load my backup/outdoor defense loads at 5.0 grains of unique for a 158 gr LSWC bullet (practically the same load E. Keith recommends) Velocity out of a 4 inch barrel is around 950 ft per second.

Interesting the he recommends 12 grains of 2400 in .38 special. I assume Colt .41 DA frame means the Colt Official Police. (which is what I use) 38 Special +P Load Data - Handloads.Com The maximum Alliant recommends for .38 Special+P is 7.8 grains recommending starting at 7. The max I have gone is 7.4. And Keith is recommending 12 grains?!!!!!!!! did I miss something?