Old 09-30-2012, 02:07 PM

Liked 1,447 Times in 670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroMotive View Post
Please dont answer for me.
Why not?

Quote:
My comments regarding the 135gr+P load are based off the fact that , as stated before, the .38special load and .357mag load use the same bullet. A 5 inch barrel isnt going to increase the velocity of the .38special load that much over the .357mag load.
Yes, both 53921 and 29317 utilize the same exact bullet, but at different velocities. According to ATK's own data, the latter clocks an additional 130 FPS from the muzzle of a 2" vented test barrel.

Do you have any test data showing what kind of velocity or expansion we can expect from either load when fired from a service length barrel? If not, statements such as "a 5 inch barrel isnt going to increase the velocity of the .38special load that much over the .357mag load" are nothing more than conjecture.

Quote:
As for my comments regarding the 125gr Speer Gold Dot in both .38spec and .357 magnum, they have been shown to have poor performance in lab testing.
Whose "lab testing" are you talking about? Where can we find it?

Quote:
Neither load expands after encountering the stand soft intermediate barrier testig. Neither expand reliably when bare ordnance gelatin is encountered. The barrel length with either load doesnt matter either.
Really? Why is that? Who performed these tests? Where can we find the data for them? What protocols did they use?

Quote:
That said the 125gr+p in .38spec does work better than the .357mag version, but that still isnt exactly a glowing statement.
What evidence do you base that on, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote:
Please elaborate...
I would, but I want to keep things civil and not get a ding from the moderators.

Last edited by CoMF; 09-30-2012 at 02:54 PM.