View Single Post

Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

I shoot the Federal 36gr HP 550 bulk packs from Wally World, nearly $20 now, in everything from my 3" 63 to my CZ-452 l-o-n-g rifles with great success plinking. They are not great grouping high dollar match ammo - but they have thus far all gone bang. I've shot over a brick from my 3" 63 & 4" 617 between cleanings with no feed/extract problems. On the other hand, shooting a box of fifty CCI Stingers from either revolver, whether initially clean or after an indeterminate number of my favorite Federal plinkers, is difficult to complete due to fouling. Still, as I keep speedloaders/moonclips ready with something defensive loaded for all of my safe-stored handguns, I keep my DS-10 speedloaders loaded with Stingers. Unlike the .22 WMR where you have a couple of short barrel designed ammo choices (I like Hornady 50gr 'Critical Defense' rounds.), I know of no such similar .22 LR ammo.

I sold my .22 bottom-feeder, the last of the rude case-tossers I'd owned, over four years ago. My wife still has her 4" Walther P22 - and it seems to like the Federal Auto Match 325 packs. I have never tried anything else in it. One part of my revolver only move was the matching ammo to the gun for proper action working is no longer required. The Fed A-M rounds work well in my revolvers, too... and in my one bottom-feeder - a Ruger 10/.22 gifted to me by number one son. Everything else in my arsenal is either a revolver or a bolt action or lever action rifle.

Stainz