View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Liked 6,619 Times in 1,535 Posts

Very interesting post and information. I think perhaps your idea of increasing the grasping area of the slide to allow more effective clearance of jams etc. was idea before it's time. Judging by the current and plethora of increased serrated areas on slides and the incorporation of different shapes of the grasping areas such as scales etc. perhaps the value of your idea has been recognized. I do sometimes wonder though if the recent offerings are offered more as a design element rather than a functional characteristic particularly the designs placed on the front of the slide. Placing serrations/designs on the front of the slide certainly does not achieve your original safety driven purpose of keeping hands away from the muzzle. Either way, the desired result of increasing the traction area to allow for easier manipulation seems to mimic part of your original idea.

Did S&W give a reason for not incorporating your idea? I am curious if was based upon economics such as retooling costs or they thought there might be functional issues or a lack of consumer demand.

Keep the posts coming as time allows, I always look forward to your knowledge and insight.
John. SWCA #1586
The Following User Likes This Post: