View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 PM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw577 View Post
I bought my wife and I 2 40c's a few weeks ago. We have been training with them, as we intend to carry. The day after I read the initial post, I started to experience the same thing. Its a very weird hang up as the slide moves forward after the shot. Feels very jerky in my hand. We have put almost 1000 rounds through both guns, since we are trying to get comfortable with them before we take a self-defense class this Saturday. Put 165 and 180 gr WWB and Remington UMC through them. Also put some 165 Hornaday Critical Defense through them. We have been using full size 40 mags with the x-grip extension piece, and I have felt the hang up with that mag and the 10 round mags. We went shooting last night, and it seemed to be getting worse with mine, and my wife started to notice it too with hers.

I have noticed alot of wear on the bottom of the feed-ramp, where the bullet nose is rubbing. It also seems my slide spring is not as sturdy. I dont know if that makes any sense. I have 4 other M&P's, all full size, and the main springs on them are very stiff and dont move much on the guide rod. Both of our 40c main springs move, and I dont mean compression. It doesnt sound like sending them back in is going to do me much good, but if it does it as badly this weekend during our class, I may go ahead and see if they can find anything.
Did you notice the problem right from the get-go or did the guns shoot ok initially? Can you explain a little more what you mean by the slide spring moving. Do you mean that it moves around on the barrel lug?

Hopefully, you will have better luck if you send them back for service. If you do send them back please report back on what they do to address the problem. I took 2 coils off of the mag spring and that seemed to help, but I am going to go out again this weekend to double check.

Last edited by xzhync; 10-02-2012 at 09:29 PM.